Do you want to delete the files from your computer without moving to Recycle Bin? Its really very simple to delete files permanently without moving them to the Recycle Bin.
This can be done in two ways.
- Prompting for each file to be deleted
- Permanently delete the file without any prompt
Steps for permanently deleting each file:
- Select the file(s) to be deleted.
- Press the SHIFT key and DELETE Key simultaneously.
- Windows will show the prompt whether you want to delete the file permanently rather than moving to recycle bin.
Windows will show below prompt whether to delete the file permanently, whereas in normal delete the prompt will show whether to move the file to Recycle Bin.
- Click on “Yes” to delete the file permanently.
Steps for permanently deleting the files without any prompt:
- Right click on the Recycle Bin..
- Click on Properties.
- Now select the option “Don’t Move the files to the Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted”.
- Also uncheck the delete confirmation dialog.
- Click on OK.
From now on, whenever the files are deleted, they are deleted permanently and no dialog box will be displayed.
Warning: If you choose the second option, the files are deleted permanently and it will be difficult to recover the files(but possible), even if you accidentally press the DELETE key.
Even though the files are deleted permanently by this method, it is possible to recover these files using some special software’s. Check on how to delete the files permanently on how to delete files permanently so that it cannot be recovered.