What is a startup program?
Startup programs option in Windows is a great facility to start the programs, when your computer is turning ON. It is pretty useful to have Yahoo Messenger, G-talk, Facebook messenger and other utilities to start up automatically with windows.
Problem with startup programs
Your computer already has to start windows and in addition to it, has to start these programs which make your computer performance very slow. Starting Windows is a heavy task and starting these programs along with this is a huge burden for your computer and will surely bring down your computer performance.
How to remove programs from Startup?
The simplest way to selectively disable is to manually disable these programs.
1. Go to Start and Run.
2. Type MSCONFIG in the box and press enter.
3. In the System Configuration Utility, click “Startup” tab.
4. Go through the list of programs and Unselect the programs that you don’t want to start along with windows.
5. Click “Services” tab.
6. It is better to give “Hide all Microsoft Services” as you don’t want to disable any services which may be used by Windows.
7. Go through the list of services and Unselect the services that you dont want to start during windows startup.
Please take care not to disable any services or programs used by windows, anti-virus or by any required programs.
If you are not sure about the program or services, it’s better to google about the program name and to determine whether to disable it or not.