Removing duplicate files becomes necessary to avoid slow down of your PC. You may not realize how many duplicate files accumulated in your system. This may be due to downloading files from the Internet or files from your home or corporate network.
Duplicate files are usually replicate of the files that are present in your system and can take up your valuable hard disk space. Your hard drives may be full of documents, iTunes, iPod, MP3, Photos, and Video and many of them are redundant. These files not only take up space, will slow down your PC a lot and takes forever to backup your files.
How to remove these files?
Removing these files, manually is daunting task as the user has to look in all the folders and remove the files that might be present in another folder. The tool Double Killer (http://www.bigbangenterprises.de) makes the work lot simpler by searching the Hard drives for the these files.
1. Start the Program.
2. Go to options and select the drives which has to be searched.
3. Also select search criteria for the search using IF condition (Same name, same size, same date, same Checksum).
4. Certain file extensions can be explicitly removed from the search. These includes important system files like *.dll and *.sys. To add more extensions type the name in the prescribed format and click the “+” button.
5. Click Run once you have specified all the search criteria.
6. The program lists the files as shown in the image.
7. Check the files which are duplicate and click “Delete checked files” to eliminate those files.
Note: Please check the files that are listed before deleting the files, as deleting files without reviewing it may cause data loss in the future.