Is your computer switches ON but immediately turns OFF. Then there is high chance that your computer is facing some serious electrical short with some of its peripherals.
Now it’s time to open up your computer casing and find out the cause for the electrical shorting and take necessary steps to rectify it.
Important Please be aware of the Problems of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) to the internal components of your computer and steps to prevent it.
You will need following items:
- Screw Driver (To open your Computer Case)
- Torch (You need to thoroughly check up for even small metal contacts, so you need this)
- Insulating Material (If you find that metal contact is cause of electrical short, you can keep insulating material in-between the metals to avoid metal contact )
1. Remove all the connections to your computer. Some wires which are connected to the computer, like monitor wire, are screw type. So you need to remove that screw from both the ends and unplug the wire.
The screws needs to be loosened in order to remove the connector from the slot
Opening your computer case involves removing the all the screws and opening only the side panel of your computer case.
3. Now with computer casing opened, you will find lot of colored wires inside it. Don’t Panic. All those colored wires has a meaning and you will get to know it.
4. Check for any loose screws.
Electric shorts are caused by the loose screws which that have come contact with the mother board or with any peripherals
Now shake your computer casing, check for any rattling sound made by the loose screws. Give some more light shakes which knock it down and onto bottom of the case.
Use the torch to locate the screw in the bottom of the case and then remove the screw.
5. Check for any worn out wires.
Wires inside your computer can sometime worn out and the exposed metals causes electric short when it makes contact with the internal components.
If you find out any worn out wires, replace them with new ones immediately.
6. Check for any loose connections.
Last but not least, checking for any loose connections. Try to fit all the connections to the peripherals firmly, to eliminate the loose connections to the peripherals.
Have you followed all the steps and still facing same problem. Write it to us in Contact Us page. We will be happy to help you in your problem.