Many of you may be wondering how it looks like when you open the computer casing. You might have seen inside of computers in pictures, but not in reality.
Now it’s time to open up your computer casing and find out what it really looks like. I can bet you that it won’t look like as shown in the images as the computer which is running daily contains much more than we imagine.
Important Please be aware of the Problems of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) to the internal components of your computer and steps to prevent it.
You will need following items:
- Screw Driver (To open your Computer Case, in some computer cabinet screws can be easily removed by hand)
1. Remove all the connections to your computer. Some wires which are connected to the computer, like monitor wire, are screw type. So you need to remove that screw from both the ends and unplug the wire.
2. Open your computer casing.
In order to open your computer casing you need not remove all the screws present at the backside of your computer. In fact some of the screws hold the Power Supply Unit(SMPS). So you should remove only the screws that are present at the left side of your computer casing, when the casing is kept facing you.
Note: Almost all the computer casing will have mother board installation space at the right side. So you can be pretty sure to open up only the left side of the casing.
After you removed the screws, you need to move your side panel lightly back, in order to remove your side panel.
Some computer case will have fans fitted on the panel which you are removing. In such cases you may or may not remove the fan connection, depending on your comfort.
3. Now with computer casing opened, you will find lot of coloured wires inside it. Don’t Panic. You will be able to move all those wires aside and find all the components of your system. If it is too dusty, take a brush and brush away all the dirt before you start.
4. Congrats!! You have successfully opened your computer casing.