Have you ever wondered to Install Windows all by yourself and save the amount you pay to the computer technician. Installing Windows 8 is easiest of all the Windows Installation and its fun too. You can learn about Windows installation and can select your own Computer Name, a Unique User Name & User Photo.
I always recommend the new installation of Windows and Windows 8 is no exception from it. This tutorial shows you how to install Windows 8 on a New Partition. Also this tutorial uses Windows 8 Trial Version Installation to show how to install.
Note: If you are formatting and reinstalling windows, make sure that you follow these steps in Ten Things to backup when reinstalling Windows to avoid any personal data loss.
Things needed before starting installation
- Windows 8 Installation Media
- Windows Product key (Optional as you can install without Product key and activate windows later)
- Hardware Drivers that are compatible with windows vista. If not download drivers from manufacturer’s website.
- If you are reinstalling, backup your personal data
1. Boot your computer from the DVD. How to boot from DVD helps you to change the boot priority to DVD.
Most of the Windows 8 Installation Media are bootable and hence it can used for booting from DVD.
2. You will get the following screen, if you have changed the boot priority correctly.
3. Windows setup will load the necessary files and will show the GUI setup Interface. Then Windows setup will ask for Language and Time and input keyboard method to be used for the installation.
4. Next screen shows you the option to do a fresh Install or repair your existing windows Installation. As we are doing fresh Windows Installation, click Install Now.
Note: To repair your existing Installation click on the “Repair your Computer” option. This will search for existing instances of Windows Installation and attempt to Repair it.